Important announcement from the Founder of the Well
Dear Beloved Community,
We are so grateful for your support, patronage, love and care for The Well. There is much to celebrate at the end of 2017 and after our first 5 months in business. We are honored to source all our food and herbs from small scale, local farmers, herbalists, and distributors, especially supporting Queer and POC vendors. We are pleased that all of our menu items are prepared fresh and made to order with love and attention. We have been paying our staff a living wage, especially important in the bay area. And we are humbled that we are busy, with lovely new and returning customers filling our space everyday!
Alongside these successes, we are struggling to create a financially sustainable business model. Since opening, we have been incurring losses on the average of $10,000/month - an amount that the business and my family cannot continue to carry the burden of. As many of you know, I also gave birth to my second child just three weeks after The Well opened. And though our managers and staff have been rocking it, juggling the needs of my two small children while tending to another newborn, The Well, has been challenging.
Given this reality, we are making the bold and hopeful decision to take a pause in our regular Well offerings. As of December 24th, we will close our doors and be on extended break, taking time to reflect and restructure our business for a more sustainable future.
During this time, we ask for your continued support, prayers and patience with us. It is our intention to re-open stronger than ever, and we are also open to the mystery of how to make it work.
Ways to Support Us and/or Stay Connected
- Help us Find a Business Partner. If you or someone you know has capital, time, expertise and is vision-aligned and wants to become a business partner, please contact me.
- Connect us with mentors and consultants in this industry.
- Inquire about organizing events, classes, meals, while we are closed to the public
- Rent the space for your own event. We have daytime, nighttime and weekend hours available at affordable rates
- Invest capital in The Well.
- Offer your feedback and ideas for an improved, sustainable Well Cafe using this form.
- Come in before December 23rd for a meal, and shop our retail for holiday gifts! Bring all your friends.
- Share your celebrations of The Well on your social media and on our yelp and google business and with your friends and family.
Marielle Amrhein, Owner/Founder
NOSH BERKELEYSIDE, JULY 18, 2017
BY ALIX WALL
Please scroll through the calendar below to check out our events
or go to our events page
5443 Telegraph Ave. Oakland, CA 94609